Monday, January 30, 2012

Fear of Food

On Friday, after the chapter meeting, I was Boston-bound on a quick spontaneous getaway for the weekend right before the first class on Monday.

We got there around 3am and went to sleep around 4. All day Saturday was greattt, filled with strolling along the Charles River, exploring Newberry St (Boston's Soho), and times spent eating, laughing, & catching up.

Sunday - we woke up around 11 and left the house by noon. We took the bus to Harvard Sq and explored the vicinity. I got to stroll thru Harvard :) It's a pretty place filled with grand buildings and an impressive dining hall that I mistook for a church. I tried to locate a place familiar to me from the movie The Social Network, but I couldnt find it...

Afterwards, we needed to eat! We wanted to eat at Bartley's, this gourmet burger place famous for its delicious burgers named after celebrities.. Found it, tried to open its doors, and the sign hit us, "Closed on Sundays."

-_______________________-
We were disappointed, but we're not ones to remain disappointed for too long! So we went on the search for better things and found another burger joint called Pattie's Flats.

It was pretty darn tasty! The meat was tender and juicy and the buns were butter grilled. The taste reminded me of Shake Shack.

Then we went to this pretty Chocolate place a few blocks aways and ordered dark chocolates and michelle ordered a cake and we sat down.

THEN PAIN STRUCK.
I was either poisoned by the burger or Boston didn't want to let me go back to NY. Almost died in the bathroom. I shall never forget L.A. Burdick's - the place of hot chocolate where I suffered.

:(

The bus ride back to NY was an adventure of its own. Crazy loud asian man on the phone right next to us, and annoyingly loud asian girls who had so many things to talk about right behind us.

Meanwhile, my stomach was in a burning sort of pain. Just had some crackers, clementines, and pepto. Sigh, we shall laugh about this months (maybe years) from now, but today was a painful day. Funny at the end, but paaaaaiiiinnnfullllll :'(

2 comments:

  1. AWWW HANNAH! I lol-ed at your title because I would never think you'd say that in your life! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...but i'm glad you feel better now! :) I read this too lateee

      Delete